Sunday, December 10, 2006

A baby shower!!!


















Being somewhat of a latecomer to motherhood, you can imagine my surprise when my wonderful workmates said that they wanted to organise a baby shower for me. Yes the first baby shower I would ever attend would be my own!

This very special event took place at Neelam’s. Not having even a clue about what actually should happen at such events, I was instructed that presents were to be placed in a corner to be opened later. And after a few champagnes and a delicious afternoon tea, we all assembled in the lounge for the opening of the gifts.

Such thought and love went into these gifts! Books, toys, clothes, practical bits and pieces for a new Mum, gift vouchers and even a Camellia. Each opening was followed by oohs and aahs from a most appreciative audience.

It was overwhelming, one of those very special experiences in life. I am very touched and feel truly blessed to be surrounded by the love of such wonderful friends. Thank you.