Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Choosing a name

Camille

I had narrowed the names down to 3 choices. Mietta, Amelia, and Camille. I loved them all. So what made me finally decide? Maybe it was when Chris Georgiou unexpectedly gave me a CD by a French singer Camille. I thought to myself, that's a pretty name. Perhaps it was when I finally saw those beautiful little photos. And the more I thought the more the name Camille seemed just right ..........................
  1. A French name and of course I love all things French
  2. Camellias are native to China
  3. Tea leaves come from a type of camellia plant. Chinese tea. I do love tea......
  4. Nicknames such as Mimi and Milli are very cute and there's no doubt that Tim will find a nickname.
  5. According to the notes on Camille she 'did coquet with her nurse'. Rather French but then she was found outside a theatre. (Later on I also realised that no less than 2 operas will be connected to her name. Verdi's La Traviata is based on the Lady of the Camellias by Dumas and Puccini's La Boheme has Mimi).

Yes there was logic and reason......... (that scientific/legal side of me). But perhaps most of all it was just looking at those photos of such a beautiful serene little girl. Camille seemed just right.

SUI Hua Chan

Camille's Chinese Sui Hua Chan name needs some explanation.

Sui All the children in the Suixi orphanage have this surname.

Hua All the children found in a particular year are called this name. I need to check what it means exactly.

Chan This is the name given to her. I think it means lovely lady, but I need to check