Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Have you heard the news: I'm five!!!

Age: 5 years
Height: 109 cm
Weight: 15.8 kg

Recent Accomplishments/cognitive development
Read the word Docklands without any help from a magazine 12/5/10
Inserted a word into a story and she said ‘There’s no green in the story Mum!’ (can she read a bit or just remember very well?)
Knew how to turn up the volume on the computer without having been taught (must have seen me!)
Knows all the months of the year
Lots of Chinese words
Slept all night in her own bed for the first time in 2and ½ years (she must have been sick or something because it has never happened again)
Can tie her own shoelaces 24/5/10
Knows our home telephone number 20/5/10
Knows Mum’s mobile number
Counted to 68 by 2s
If it’s 5 past, then why is it on a 1?
Can wrap a present and tie the bow
Has learnt to tell a fib ‘I’ve already washed my hands and flushed the toilet’
Beginning to reason ‘When it’s hot you eat cold food and when it’s cold you eat hot food’
Can manage chopsticks

Cute /funny things
I’m a vision in pink Mum!
Oh it’s so cuuute!!!
I actually didn’t feel myself going into your bedroom….. You carried me!
Lizzie the mouse was found in the bath and was let out into our backyard never to be forgotten nor seen again ( ‘I wonder if she’s still there, I wonder if a cat ate Lizzie?’)
Practising her Wiggles dances the night before the concert
The SLUG NIGHTMARE: woke up screaming that there were slugs all over her bed (Camille hates slugs!)
‘True life Mum’ = it’s true
But what did you think about the porridge at Waratah Bay… Yuck I didn’t like it! (but she said when she was there that she couldn’t eat any more)
Where are your manners??? They’ve gone away on holiday
O my God that was embarrassing!
I’m waiting for my darlings to come home
What would you like for dinner? ‘Just let me get my cookbook and I’ll show you’
Boots off dad, I’ve just vacuumed the floor
I’m 5 and 5/4 (meaning nearly 5)
Mum decamped to Camille’s bed, leaving Tim on Mum’s side of the bed. Camille feels Dad’s leg when she’s still half asleep, but suddenly realizes it’s much too hairy, wakes up and decamps to join up with Mum.
Learnt this song up at The Gold Coaster from her cousins
An aeroplane in the night sky
With shooting stars
I really could use a wish right now
Wish right now
OOOh baby

Magic Moments
Playing golf together before book club
The 20 minute improvised dance performance
Toasting marshmallows together at the Buchan caves
Sitting in front of the heater getting drowsy at Buchan
The performance of Camille’s magic show
Spending ages in the platypus enclosure at the zoo, watching the platypus swim up and down
At Mangala: dancing and creating shadows on the wall
Going down the waterfall ride at SeaWorld
Her determination to master chopsticks
Foods
Chicken and bean casserole, fried rice, spring rolls
Television
Tinkerbell, Sesame Street, Playschool
Play
Craft rules. Dot drawing at kinder. A bird’s nest with birds and eggs just hatching. Prolific in her production of paintings, drawings and craft items
Books
Fairy tales and revisiting all her books