Friday, March 14, 2008

Creche on Wednesdays



I’m completely overjoyed that Camille has a place at Clifton Street Children’s Centre. Overlooking a park, with a beautiful outdoor play area, it was my first choice for childcare. Given that there is a waiting list of over 1000 for childcare in the City of Darebin, we were so lucky to get this place. Mind you Camille’s name was down for 2 years, even before allocation. (I had her down as Amelia Goodman, as that was what I originally planned to name her).

Much to my surprise, from day one Camille has settled in without any fuss at all. She loves to paint and calls it ‘my creche’. On the first day she ate two serves of lunch and slept for an hour an a half (no doubt exhausted from the 5 paintings she completed). I’m over the moon and have enjoyed every moment of my new found freedom (movies + a pedicure=bliss!). Although I must confess that most afternoons I can’t wait to pick her up, suffering from pangs of separation anxiety.