Sunday, July 08, 2007

My favourite books

One trick I learnt very quickly since arriving is that to get Mum’s complete and undivided attention all I have to do is grab a book. She immediately stops what she’s doing, sits down and reads to me. Perfect! I’d like to share some of my favourites with you.

Harey McClarely
A great read, this book has everything. A villain (old Scarface), cute dogs and a rollicking rhyming story. I love it and think it’s a must for us under 2s. 5/5
I Love You Like Crazy Cakes
A special book for Mum and I. It’s about a lady who goes to China to adopt a baby girl, just like Mum did. It really explains what it must have been like to come to Guangdong and finally meet me. 5/5
Spot lift the flap books
Every little person loves Spot. He's very cute and the books are very well written so that we get a chance to practise using all the new words we have learnt. Even though they don't have much of a story, we all love to lift the flaps. 4.5/5
The Pea and the Princess
Most people would say this is way too hard for the average 23 month reader, but I disagree. There are heaps of great things to look at like carrots and peas. What’s more, Mum’s a keen gardener, so I love to see how happy it makes her to read it. It’s a bit hard to follow the story, but it has lots of really interesting pictures. 4.5/5
That’s not my dolly
Let’s face it there’s not much storyline here, even for me. But I do like the different textures I can feel. Perfect for when I’m too tired to think. 3.5/5